• The Cake Kalk might just be the perfect motorcycle for first-time riders. The 145-pound Kalk is about half the weight of a conventional motocross bike, and exists in a category of its own, which Cake calls light electric off-road.
• 1 Power comes from a 15-kW motor powered by a 52-volt battery, controlled by software developed by Cake and tuned for riding the dirt.
• The suspension also was custom-designed by industry supplier Ohlins with an eye toward durability and low weight.
• The bike has three power modes, so beginners can avoid killing themselves and experienced riders can rip along the trails until the battery gives out. It holds enough juice for an hour of intense work, or three hours of calmer riding.
• That’s on par with comparable off-roaders, but out of reach for most recreational users and those who’ve wanted to try out riding but are scared off by things like shifting gears and maintenance.
• The street version will likely cost about the same, if not more, since it will require extra hardware.
• Curious riders without particularly deep pockets will have to wait to see if the company produces a more entry-level product.
The Kalk OR is the second among a number of models to come
The focus here has been off-road performance and innovation. As there wasn’t anything off-the shelf to support the category, every single component had to be developed from an empty sheet, to support the intended level of quality and durability: The sizing, the geometry and engineering of axles, hubs, rims, the cockpit and suspension, as well as building and customizing the different parts of the drivetrain, together with developing a whole new chassis; having led to numerous patent pendings, constitutes the introduction of a new category, the Light Electric Off Road Motorbike Please note that Kalk is developed for off road use only.
The upside down fork is air/oil sprung and features 38mm stanchion tubes for extra rigidity and strength, with 204mm travel, specially developed by Ohlins. Adjustable for high-speed compression, low-speed compression and low-speed rebound.
The forks are equipped with Ohlins advanced 3 stage air springs with individual setup for ride heights and bottoming resistance. The post-gasoline age has kindled a group of pioneers fueled by love and idealism.
Its zero-emission Kalk motorcycle is capable of high-performance off-roading
Not always from the traditional automotive route, these creators are thinking outside the box, offering vehicles that are clean without compromising on design, performance or individuality. One such brand is the Swedish company CAKE. The idea is to have fun, get all muddy riding these custom-built bikes out in the wild, without polluting nature with the noise typical of such extreme bikes.
The CAKE Kalk bike, built for light off-road performance, uses an industrial standard IPM motor, customized for CAKE and made in Europe
The light and snappy ride, with it’s focus on off and on trail riding, in the outback, means that its main character is about torque and acceleration, while providing a quiet gliding and surfy experience? Thanks to it’s digital pre setting, serving for 3 different riding modes, it will let anyone fly at their own level.
The suspension is specifically developed, by Ohlins supporting the category of hi performance at minimum weight?
Nothing has been left aside and every part including axles, hubs, cockpit, sprockets and even the tires (to minimize wear and footprint of trails being used), have been explicitly designed and engineered for the ultimate experience.