• We recommend placing the hub in an open area well away from other devices transmitting and receiving 2.4GHz signals (like WIFI routers).
• We generally recommend sensors be placed within 30 ft of the hub, or that a device that can act like a ZigBee repeater (such as a SmartThings Outlet) be placed between the two devices to boost the range.
• Temperature - 32 to 104 degree F.
• The versatile Multipurpose Sensor is an all-in-one sensor that can detect vibration, orientation and angle (tilt), temperature and when things open or close.
• Monitor secure areas of your home and be alerted if a door, window, cabinet or drawer opens unexpectedly.
• Get a reminder if you forgot to close your front door or garage door.
• Measurements (for combined sensor and magnet): 1.9 inches wide, 1.89 inches tall and 0.57 inches thick.
Your home needs a brain, so get started with a SmartThings Hub. It connects wirelessly with a wide range of smart devices and makes them work together.
SmartThings works with a wide range of connected devices including lights, speakers, locks, thermostats, sensors and more. Visit the SmartThings website to see the full list of compatible devices.
Use the SmartThings App or Amazon Alexa to control your smart home. Teach your house new tricks by telling it what to do when you're asleep, awake, away, and back home.
Connected Lights and Switches
Set connected lights and switches from Philips Hue, Cree, Sylvania, LIFX, Leviton, and GE to turn on and off when you open doors, change brightness at the right moment, and more.
Connected Cameras and Doorbells
Set connected cameras and doorbells from Arlo, Samsung, Ring, and Skybell to send you video notifications, turn on connected lights when there’s a visitor, and much more.
Connected Door Locks
Set connected door locks from Yale, Schlage, and Kwikset to open when you arrive home, lock when you leave the house, and much more.
SmartThings offers a one-year limited warranty on this product
The most versatile device in the Samsung SmartThings family, this sleek ZigBee device acts as a movement, vibration, orientation and temperature sensor all in one. The SmartThings Multipurpose Sensor can detect whether an object like a door or drawer is open or closed; sense when valuable or off-limits items have been moved or tampered with; offer temperature readings; and feel vibration.
Set connected thermostats from Ecobee and Honeywell to turn on when you open the front door, turn off when you leave home, and much more.