• An educational gift for every kid on your holiday list - especially space lovers and aspiring astronauts!
• What you get: build, customize, and drive an app-controlled planetary space rover, then transform it by adding out-of-this-world capabilities!
• Hours of in-app play and activities: go through 30+ NASA-inspired astronaut training and interplanetary missions with step-by-step instructions to build fun inventions, like a planetary specimen collector or an alien life detector.
• Everything included: from the 9V battery to tech sensors, motors, paper templates, stickers, wheels, LED light, and free Inventor App.
• Hands-on Creativity: out-of-this-world activities help kids unleash their creativity by customizing their space inventions or leveling up their skills to build their own.
• STEAM learning: learn real-world STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Mathematics) concepts through space exploration.
• No grown-ups necessary: kids can easily assemble with step-by-step, in-app instruction videos.
• Smart device required for video instructions: Inventor App requires either iPhone (iOS 10.0 or later) or Android (5.0 or later) is required.
littleBits invented the electronic building block!
littleBits was my experiment to make engineering more fun, more playful, and more inviting to people who aren’t engineers. I took it to Maker Faire, and suddenly people started lining up to play with the Bits. I realized there was a real opportunity to inspire kids to invent with technology.
Our magnetic “Bits” snap together to turn ideas into inventions, transforming the way kids learn so they can grow up to be tomorrow’s changemakers no matter their age, gender, race, nationality, or ability. Creative kids build and customize a planetary rover using littleBits electronic building blocks, then transform it by adding out-of-this-world capabilities!
30 space activities
Over 30 activities in the free Inventor App guide kids through building and controlling space vehicle inventions, like a space rock collector or an alien life detector, learning STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Mathematics) skills, and drawing inspiration from real space pioneers.
Through both hands-on and digital play, kids gain lifelong skills to become changemakers through invention. Product features include in-app instructions for 30 space activities, tech sensors, paper templates, wheels, mounting boards, LED light, motors, battery, stickers, and free Inventor App, and battery.