• The world's first Hydrofoil e-Bike that replicates the cycling experience on water.
• Experience the freedom of riding over lakes, rivers, and ocean. No roads, no traffic.Take a deep dive into the world's first Hydrofoil Bike.
• The Hydrofoiler XE-1 features three electric assist modes: Training (low), Cruise (medium) and Performance (high), allowing you to choose how you want to ride.
• Master the technique of the "submerged launch" and relaunch from deep water.
• A world's first for hydrofoiling water craft.The front hydrofoil combination self-levels allowing riders to punch through moderate wind chop and over swell.
• Reach speeds up to 13mph on flat water.Modular design allows for in car or roof rack transport.
• Two minute assembly time. Carry to and from the water by hand. Launch from jetties or deep water.
Pedal-powered water vehicle
Considered to be the perfect hybrid between an electric bike and a JetSki, Manta5’s all-new Hydrofoiler XE-1 prototype is a 400-watt pedal-powered water vehicle designed for the outdoor enthusiast. Equipped with two carbon fiber hydrofoils giving the rider surface lift, the XE-1 is the brainchild of New Zealand adventure sports entrepreneur Guy Howard-Willis. Supported by an aluminum frame and powered by an electric motor that strategically augments the rider’s pedaling power to turn the propeller, the XE-1 has a pretty steep learning curve.
The Hydrofoiler’s cutting-edge design
The company says novice riders can be upright in minutes and have full mastery in a few hours. The Hydrofoiler’s cutting-edge design features a set of buoyancy modules that keep the aqua bike afloat while at a stop. This allows riders to get back upright if ever separated from the XE-1. Engineered without a hull, the XE-1 relies on its modular design features to keep the bike stable. Weighing only 44 lbs (20 kg) and designed for riders weighing between 154 and 220 lbs (70 and 100 kg), Manta5’s water bike is perfect for both fresh and salt water sporting activity.
Hydrofoiler XE-1 will be the coolest piece of technology hitting lakes across the globe
Capable of speeds that reach anywhere between 9 and 12 mph (15 to 20 km/h), the XE-1 watercraft certainly has no problem ripping through some of the toughest ocean and river currents. Manta5 claims that its limited edition model will easily surpass the top speeds of its standard model – making it a super fun, high-performance water bike. Whether it’s the 400W silent electric motor, the carbon fiber reinforced nylon propeller, the variable pedal assist, or the aerodynamic front tiller, the Hydrofoiler XE-1 will be the coolest piece of technology hitting lakes across the globe.
Hydrofoiler XE-1 allows riders to control the amount of torque
You will certainly garner a lot of attention if you whipped by a group of water skiers on the XE-1. Outside of the aerodynamic modular design features and silent electric motor, the Hydrofoiler XE-1 allows riders to control the amount of torque while planing across water surfaces. By adjusting the amount of electric assistance, riders can alter the level of assistance – switching between a leisurely outdoor activity and a challenging water sport. Still, in development, the XE-1 is capable of running for one hour per charge via its removable lithium-ion battery technology.