• FREE CONTENT WITH PURCHASE - Two-month free trial of Viveport Subscription included with your purchase.
• FULLY IMMERSIVE - True-to-life movements with realistic graphics, directional audio and HD haptic feedback.
• PRECISION MOVEMENT TRACKING - 360-degree controller and headset tracking covers your movements to the millimeter, floor-to ceiling.
• FLEXIBLE PLAY AREA - Room-Scale VR with just two base stations. Use VIVE seated, standing or in a space up to 15 feet x 15 feet.
• POWERED BY STEAM VR - Enjoy over 2800 games for SteamVR, plus everything you love about Steam, including new releases, automatic game updates and millions of your closest friends, in VR.
Powering the VIVE Experience
VIVE recommends certain minimum component specs for a Windows PC to run VIVE. These components such as your graphics card, processor, and RAM all impact the quality of the VR experience you see inside the headset. Let’s review what makes each of these components important to your VR experience.
The graphics card is the most important component in your PC for VR. It is responsible for the production of the graphics displayed inside the headset. The more powerful the graphics card, the more detail you will see in images in your VR experience.
Think of the processor like the brain of your computer. It is responsible for processing the data required to run the VR experience. The newer the processor, the more calculations that can be done to optimize the game for the best VR experience.RAM is a form of data storage for frequently used computer programs, such as VR games. The more RAM you have, the more information the computer can store for faster access.
Experience unparalleled, true-to-life virtual reality
Room-Scale VR. Explore the virtual world with the freedom to move around in a space up to 15’ by 15’. Don’t have that kind of room? Use VIVE seated, standing, or in a space at least 6’6” by 5’’.SteamVR Tracking provides 360-degree coverage of your movements to the millimeter. Don’t worry, VIVE’s Chaperone system warns you when you reach the boundaries of your play area.
VIVE gives you an unparalleled, true-to-life virtual reality experience
Using a headset and wireless controllers, you can explore and interact with VR experiences, apps and games that blur the line between imagination and reality. From AAA games to unforgettable experiences, there are over 2500 apps and games available for VIVE. Is your current computer ready for virtual reality? Use the SteamVR Performance Test to check whether your system can handle the requirements of VR, and if not, whether its capabilities are bound by graphics card, CPU or both.