- Is a DVR that lets you watch and record over-the-air TV at home with Fire TV.
- On-the-go with a compatible mobile device - with no monthly fees.
- Record up to 4 shows at once, store up to 150 hours of HD programming.
- With a compatible Alexa-enabled device, use your voice to search for shows.
- Control the channel guide, and manage recordings.
We want you to know:
To use Fire TV Recast to watch and record over-the-air TV, you’ll need the following (sold separately):
- An HD antenna—specific channel availability and reception varies by location. Learn more
- A Fire TV streaming media player or Echo Show—must be on the same network and registered to the same Amazon account as Fire TV Recast.
- Access to the free Fire TV app on a Fire tablet (5th Gen or above), or an iOS 10 (or above) or Android 5.0 (or above) mobile device.
- You cannot use Fire TV Recast to record live TV programs from any other source, such as cable or satellite boxes or streaming apps. You can only register 1 Fire TV Recast per Amazon account.
- Fire TV Recast is a DVR that lets you watch and record over-the-air TV at home or on-the-go with no monthly fees.
Make the most of free TV
Record your favorite shows and sports from channels available in your area through an HD antenna like ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, PBS, and The CW. With 2 tuners, you can record up to 2 shows at once. Plus, store up to 75 hours of HD programming. Watch at home with a Fire TV or Echo Show, or take your shows with you with the Fire TV mobile app on compatible iOS and Android devices or Fire tablets.
The HD antenna connects to Fire TV Recast so you can access and record free over-the-air TV. See which free channels may be available in your neighborhood. The Fire TV mobile app helps you place the HD antenna for the best possible reception.
Fire TV Recast works best with a Fire TV device, such as a Fire TV Stick or a Fire TV Edition television
You need at least 1 Fire TV to watch on your television. You can also watch on an Echo Show or compatible mobile device. Your Fire TV or Echo Show will need to be on the same network as Fire TV Recast.Pair Fire TV Recast with your Fire TV or Echo Show and ask Alexa to search for shows, change over-the-air TV channels, control playback, plus browse, schedule, cancel, and delete recordings. Alexa is always getting smarter.