Smart locks, which can be opened from your smartphone, are beginning to occupy a growing market niche among household automation products.
Most of these locks have the same set of features and a similar appearance, while the August Smart Lock stands out noticeably.
It is easy to install and allows you to use the locking mechanisms already installed in the door.
In addition, it is compatible with Apple HomeKit, which makes it possible to control the lock with a voice.
The lock also has a set of add-ons, such as an external keyboard, that extend its functions.
1. Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately) ; Requires 110-240 Volts
Control and monitor your door from anywhere. Lock and unlock your door, control keyless access and keep track of who comes and goes, all from your phone.
2. Be sure you’re secure with DoorSense. Only August has DoorSense to tell you if your door is securely closed and locked.
3. Always know who is coming and going. Track activity at your doorstep with a 24/7 Activity Feed and requires iOS (9.0 or higher) or Android (5.0 or higher) smartphones.
4. Keep your existing lock and keys. Easily attaches to your existing deadbolt; use your existing keys at anytime.
5. Locks automatically behind you, and unlocks as you approach. Retrofit installation works with most standard single cylinder deadbolts.
6. Simple, DIY installation. Install in about 10 minutes with just a screwdriver.
7. Simply Speak to lock your door. Tell Alexa, Siri or the Google Assistant to control your August Smart Lock Pro + Connect.
8. Certified Z-Wave Plus home product. Works with Z-Wave, the leading wireless technology for security and home control products. Works with the free August app.